Thursday, September 18, 2008

This is it

Well, I can’t believe it. My departure day is less than 48 hours away. It blows my mind that I will be leaving on Saturday for the Peace Corps! It is still very surreal to me – the reality hasn’t yet sunk in that I am really leaving for 27 months. So how will I spend my final day in Raleigh you may ask? Packing! Yes, it is true… I still have not packed my bags. I do have everything laid out that I want to take and it will be a miracle if I can fit in all in my weight requirements (two bags at 50 lbs each). Not knowing exactly where I will be living or the specifics of my job makes packing for 2 years a bit difficult. Other than packed bags I am all ready to leave. I am so far behind on packing because I have been spending as much time as I can with friends and family. I have said my good-byes and I am ready to start the next step on my journey.

What exactly is my next step? Well, the Peace Corps arranged all my flights and below is the schedule I was sent:
Saturday – 8.34 am flight to Philadelphia
Saturday afternoon through Sunday pm – Orientation
Monday – 9.35 pm leave JFK to Frankfurt
Tuesday – 11.30 am Frankfurt to Baku

So in just one week time my life will be drastically different – in what exact ways I am not completely sure. But I am excited to see what is to come.

No comments: